Your licence to use BP.MY
BP.MY has copyright in all data, information, articles, photos, images and presentations on this website.
- You are allowed to manually access BP.MY, provided that none of such access and use is for the purpose and in the course of any business, or for the creation of your own commercial database.
- All material you download or print must retain any trade marks and copyright notices as they appear in BP.MY.
- Apart from using BP.MY under this licence or any fair dealing under the Copyright Act 1987, no material from BP.MY may be searched, printed, downloaded, copied, republished or distributed in any way without the prior written permission of BP.MY management.
- You will not access BP.MY for the purpose of obtaining information about BP.MY, its ontology, its structure, or its contents.
Use of copyrighted materials on BP.MY
Should you require the use of copyrighted materials published on BP.MY, you shall seek prior written permission of use from BP.MY management. We will contact you with details on the licenses and costs involved.
Alternatively, if you have already used copies of copyrighted materials(Web Copies) from BP.MY, we will bill you directly with the following higher rates:
Information and web site links provided by advertisers
- US$500 per graphical material
- US$800 per textual material
BP.MY provides a facility for businesses to advertise their products and services on-line. Some advertisements in BP.MY are maintained electronically by the advertisers themselves without our involvement and some have links to advertisers' own web sites.
Although we ask advertisers to make sure their advertisements in BP.MY and on their own linked web sites are accurate, we are not responsible for checking them and make no representation about the accuracy or truth of any advertisement or content within the advertisement.
Exclusion of liability
We exclude any liability we may have to you relating to your use of BP.MY, or its availability. This exclusion also applies for the benefit of all officers, employees, contractors and agents of BP.MY. None of these people are liable to you or have to pay you for anything caused by or resulting from your use of BP.MY. This exclusion applies whatever you are claiming for and however liability arises or might arise if it were not for this clause.
This exclusion does not limit any rights you may have under the Consumers Protection Act 1999 if something we do for you as a user of BP.MY is a service under that Act and you are not acquiring the service for the purposes of a business.
If anything we do for you as a user of BP.MY is a service under the Consumers Protection Act 1999 and you are acquiring the service for the purposes of a business as defined in that Act, the provisions of that Act do not apply to the service.
You hereby indemnify and will keep us indemnified against all obligations and liabilities incurred by an act or omission by you in relation to this agreement.
This contract and its terms are governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of Malaysia. Both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.