Education Ministry Blacklists Six Contractors
Posted by NewsBot on 10/04/2010 2:05:23 p.m.
The Education Ministry has blacklisted six contractors for failing to complete the ministry's development projects under the Ninth Malaysia Plan (9MP).
It's deputy minister Senator Dr Mohd Puad Zarkashi said Friday the projects amounting to RM180 million were the construction of Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Bayan Lepas in Penang, SMK Seri Putra in Bangi, Selangor, Sekolah Menengah (SM) Sains Gua Musang in Kelantan, Regional Centre of Science and Mathematics in Sarawak, Staff Quarters in Kuantan, Pahang, and SM Sains Batu Pahat here.
"All the contractors had been given a chance and warning but still failed to complete the projects," he told reporters after visiting the construction site of SM Sains Batu Pahat here Friday.
Most of the contractors, he said, had given excuses like shortage of workers and financial problems for their failure to complete the project on time.
Hence, he said the ministry would appoint new contractors to resume the projects.
He said the six projects were among 45 of the ministry's projects identified as "sick projects".
However, they constituted a mere 0.3 per cent of the ministry's projects, which numbered 14,181, he added.
All comments are owned by whoever posted them. BP.MY is not responsible for them in any way.